Effective date: May 15, 2019
1. Collecting Your Personal Data
While using lifestorynet.com, you may choose to share personal data. Our Service collects and uses personal data only as necessary for the purposes for which it was obtained. We collect information about you in the following way:
Information you give us. This includes:
- The personal data you provide through guest book entries, submitted memories, submitted eulogies and submitted photos. It’s your choice whether to provide personal information when using our Service.
- The personal data you provide when you correspond with us by phone, email or otherwise.
2. Cookies Data
We may collect information using “cookies”.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are files with small amount, of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device.
Cookies we use
- Functionality Cookies
- Social Media Cookies
Social media cookies may be used on lifestorynet.com. These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button or “like” button on our Services. The social network may record that you have done this.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent.
3. Google Analytics
Lifestorynet.com uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
4. Server Logs
We automatically logs information about you and your computer or mobile device when you access our Services. We keep industry standard, non-anonymized access and error logs of our systems. This information is never sold nor accessible by 3rd parties and is used solely by LifeStoryNet, LLC for the purpose of troubleshooting, analyzing and securing our systems.
5. Using Your Personal Data
The personal data collected on lifestorynet.com is used to give correct attribution to content; both on the website and to the funeral home and family. The email addresses and physical addresses collected are not viewable to the public on our Service and only shared with the funeral home and family.
6. Sharing Your Personal Data
We may share your personal data with the Funeral Home and family. That information includes; Name, Address and email address.
We do not partner with or have special relationships with any ad server companies, meaning that the ads found on our site will not collect information (like email address, domain, etc.) from you while you are at www.lifestorynet.com.
8. Third Party Services
Our Services may contain links to third party websites and features. This Policy does not cover the privacy practices of such third parties. These third parties have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their websites, features or policies. Please read their privacy policies before you submit any data to them.
9. User Generated Content
You may share personal data with us when you submit user generated content to our Services, including guest book entries, memories and eulogies on our Services. Please note that any information you post or disclose on our Services will become public information, and will be available to other users of our Services and to the general public.
10. Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet is 100% secure.
11. Your Rights
You can contact us to update or delete content posted on our Service.
12. Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it here.
13. Children's Privacy
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children").
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us.
15. Contact Us
Terms and Conditions
Effective date: May 15, 2019
These Terms and Conditions are designed to protect the families served by LifeStoryNet, LLC. To help maintain a safe, positive environment for them to share and remember, you must agree to the following terms to be a user of www.lifestorynet.com:
1. You will NOT post, email, or otherwise transmit any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable.
2. You will NOT post, email, or otherwise transmit any content that infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights of any party.
3. You will NOT post, email, or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
4. You acknowledge that LifeStoryNet does not pre-screen content left by visitors to the Memory Pages, but reserves the right (but not obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any content that violates this agreement or is otherwise objectionable.
5. You agree that all content posted to www.lifestorynet.com is the sole responsibility of the individual who originally posted the content. You agree that LifeStoryNet is not to be liable, under any circumstances in any way, for any errors or omissions, loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted. You agree that you must evaluate and bear all risks associated with the use of any content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such content. NOTE TO FAMILIES: Life Story Network® will remove objectionable references in total, but not in part. Requests to remove a memory on your Memory Page will remove the entire message.
6. You will NOT use our site to gather and/or sell email addresses, home addresses or personal information posted on www.lifestorynet.com
This site is created and controlled by Life Story Network® in the state of Michigan, USA. We reserve the right to make changes to our site and these disclaimers at any time.