Not finding who you’re looking for?
Downtown Holland Chapel29 East Ninth Street, Holland, MI 49423 • (616) 392-2348
Northwood Chapel295 Douglas Avenue, Holland, MI 49424 • (616) 392-2348
Mulder Chapel188 West 32nd Street, Holland, MI 49423 • (616) 392-2348
Saugatuck Chapel520 Lake Street, Saugatuck, MI 49453 • (616) 392-2348
In 1899, John Dykstra took over a livery and undertaking business from L. John Alberti located on East 9th Street.
In 1900, John Dykstra moved the business next door from the livery and started Dykstra Funeral Home, which is still known as the Downtown Chapel.
John Dykstra acquires Saugatuck Chapel in 1906. After he dies in 1938, the business was managed by Gilbert Vandewater and Julius Kleinheksel.
Following Mr. Vandewater’s death in 1957, Julius Kleinheksel and his sons, Victor, Carrow and Randy owned and managed the business and built Northwood Chapel in 1970.
In 1984, the Kleinheksels acquired Mulder Chapel. The business continues to be owned and operated by Victor’s son, Craig Kleinheksel.
Today, Dykstra Funeral Home has four locations serving the community; Downtown Chapel, Saugatuck Chapel, Northwood Chapel and Mulder Chapel.